Bellarmine Jesuit Retreat House is a ministry of the Midwest Province of the Society of Jesus. The Bellarmine team is committed to fostering the spiritual development of Catholics and people of faith through a variety of retreats and contemporary programs. The Bellarmine team works together to provide a sacred atmosphere of quiet hospitality in a setting of natural beauty.
Our full-time event and retreat planner will be the primary point of contact for retreat house events and will coordinate all contracts and schedules for on-site group retreats and private retreats. Our event planner will report to the Associate Director. This team member will be responsible for ensuring our team is prepared to receive groups and guests for all calendared events and managing and scheduling retreat inquiries according to our mission. He/she will collaborate with our Executive Chef in managing the kitchen and also strengthen our internal team by providing office support, coordinating in-house team events and fostering a positive, collaborative and joyful work environment.
- Communicate group’s needs to housekeeping, kitchen, office, Jesuit and maintenance teams. Take point with all external groups from inquiry to scheduling, contracting, and billing and maintain group file documentation including insurance forms
- Welcome visitors, process incoming retreat reservations and answer phones
- Complete event sheet for internal teams and serve as the primary point person for in-house groups during their event
- Forward event deposit paperwork and event closing paperwork to Accountant for billing
- Maintain statistics on retreat attendance and survey group coordinators
- Capture and distribute notes from weekly staff meeting
- Support marketing and communication initiatives
- Coordinate Youth Ministers Round Table
- A 4-year college degree and/or relevant work experience
- Open to working in a Catholic organization and coordinating faith based activities
- High level of detail orientation and organization with strong communication and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience with InDesign, Raisers Edge and social media a plus
- Virtus trained and/or willing to be trained within first month of employment
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Life insurance and Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time off
- 403b and Pension Savings Plan
- Professional development funding program
- Daily Mass available and lunch is provided
Submit a résumé and two professional references to email@example.com.
Bellarmine Jesuit Retreat House team is seeking a part-time maintenance mechanic to join our team. Primary responsibilities include keeping our equipment and infrastructure maintained in good working condition while providing a warm and hospitable environment. Our five buildings and 80 acres must be kept in excellent condition for the benefit of retreatants, staff, and residents. Bellarmine is a quiet, pleasant, prayerful, and safe place to retreat, live, and work.
- Maintain and repair the retreat house and other buildings. Includes maintenance of boilers, HVAC systems, water softeners, compressors, wells, elevators, kitchen equipment, septic system, fire protection system, irrigation and electrical system
- Maintain autos, tractors, mechanical yard and garden equipment
- Maintain grounds, landscape, and snow removal in conjunction with contractors
- Work closely with housekeeping team to prepare for retreats
- Provide equipment, audio-visual, and furniture set-ups for each retreat
- Maintain building and construction supplies as needed, including pick-up and delivery
- Light and heavy disposal of trash and garbage
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Communicate with the Maintenance Supervisor, Jesuit community, and staff to ensure smooth operations and enhance the retreat house for all retreatants
- Cooperate with Jesuit community, staff members, and volunteers in all areas of work
Interested, qualified persons should have at least five years of work experience and be comfortable working in a faith-based environment. Submit a résumé and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.